Tuesday, July 24, 2007


On Key West, they are known for
their celebrations of the sunset
each day. There is just something
special about seeing the sun set
over the ocean, and they revel
in it. Down at Mallory Square,
they have street entertainers,
musicians, and assorted tourists
and spectators all enjoying the
end of another day.
I enjoy watching the sunsets at
our home in rural Louisiana.
Right now, the hummingbirds
make frantic efforts at sundown
to drink the last drop from the
feeders before they roost for the
night. I can hear whipporwills
begin to call to each other, and
whitetail deer emerge from the woods cautiously. I always
try to thank God for another day, and know that I am one
day closer to heaven.
Original Watercolor 7 x 10 $45.00 SOLD

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I really like this one!

Gail H. Shelton said...

A young man in my little town came by the gallery to buy this painting. I told him I would save it for him, but I wanted it to be in the show. I knew his birthday was coming up, and I spoke to his parents about the painting. They came and bought it and wrapped it up. They told me today that they were able to really surprise him with it, and he loved it. That is one of the reasons I paint. Gail

bradmilam said...

I'll say this...I was totally surprised at this gift. I truly love this painting and wish that I had many more similar to it. Just looking at it takes me to a special place in my mind. It serves as my own personal window to paradise. Thank you!