Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sea Shells

My friend, Aimee, was in the gallery looking for
sea shells, and I told her I would do some.
These are mixed media drawings on blue
handmade paper. There are four separate
ones that I drew from shells I have
collected over the years.

I love sea shells. They are so fascinating.
The fact that a creature makes them, and
that there are so many varieties is amazing.
They are just one small part of God's
wonderful creation.

Did you know that there is a Conchologists of
America group? They hold an annual convention.
There are also all kinds of sea shell shows (say
that fast 3 times?!) , some in Florida, New Zealand,
Paris, and Belgium. Might be a good thing to go
to...

Set of Four Shells original mixed media
5 x 7 each $20.00 SOLD

1 comment:

AIMEE said...

I LOVE THESE SEA SHELLS...THEY TAKE ME BACK TO A VACATION THAT JUST DIDNT LAST LONG ENOUGH.