Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Armadillo fun

Didn't feel like painting anything serious tonight. These little
animals are such a "Texas" thing. I have seen all kinds of
images of them.

When I was growing up, we used to spend some time in the hill
country on a friend's ranch. Armadillos were everywhere.
My brother and I had a system for catching them. When
we spotted one rooting around, he would circle around and
find the armadillo's hole or den. Then he would fill it up or
block it with something. Then the chase was on. We would
both run after him, and of course, he would run for his
home. Not being able to get in, we would be able to run
him down, grab his tail, and catch him. I don't really
know why we wanted to?! But then, we would let him
go. It must have been the thrill of the chase! A lot like
life!!

Armadillo orig watercolor 5 x 7 $15.00

No comments: