Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back to Basics

There is nothing more basic in art than drawing with a
pencil. It was my first love, and I still enjoy its simplicity.
I have been enjoying doing some pencil drawings just for
fun. This is my daughter, Hannah, when she was about
3. (she is 24 now). I guess the end of another year has made
me sentimental. And I thought if I had drawn my friend's
child, I should draw my own!

I recalled a song I know about getting back to basics, and
the lyrics are perfect for a new year, too.

"We need to get back to the basics of Life:
a heart that is pure, and a love that is blind;
a faith that is fervently grounded in Christ;
a hope that endures for all time."

I don't know everything the new year will hold,
but these are good goals to start with. I hope to
work on them, as well as some artwork in the coming
days.

Happy New Year! sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: