Thursday, December 27, 2007

Portrait of Mattie Claire

I have been taking a break from my artwork,
but certainly haven't been resting! As any woman
knows, we "do" Christmas. Between the shopping,
wrapping, decorating, grocery shopping, cleaning,
cooking, and entertaining, I haven't exactly had a
minute to myself. But we all had a great time, and
celebrated the Savior's birth well.
I have been working on this portrait of my good
friend's little girl, Mattie Claire, for a few days.
It is just in pencil, which I love to work in. Her
hair is done mostly with an eraser. This is the second
drawing I have done of her; they own the first one,
a gift from her husband for Mother's Day. I wanted
to do this one to use as a competition piece in some
shows I have coming soon.

I have to take some work over to the gallery in
Natchitoches, LA on Saturday because I am the
featured artist for the month of January. You can
check out their website:natchitochesartguild.org

For info on children's portraits, email me:
sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: