Friday, April 4, 2008

A Winner in Winnfield


I heard today that my pencil drawing of "Essie Mae"
won at the Tom Peyton Art Show. I will attend the
reception tonight, and get my check!! woohoo!

These are two pen and ink drawings of Winnfield
landmarks that are no longer here. The top one is
the Winnfield Hotel that finally was torn down a
couple of years ago. The farmhouse is Earl Long's
Pea Patch Farm that the former governor used to
have here. It burned down several years ago. I
have these drawings in print, and I hand-watercolor
them. These two are for a lawyer here for his
office.

My business is named after the Pea Patch Farm.
We house the art gallery, an antique and gift mall,
and Uncle Earl's Cafe, where we serve black-eyed
peas and cornbread, soups, salads, and daily
specials. The cafe was recently included in a new
cookbook: "Louisiana's Best Restaurant Recipes";
a wonderful cookbook full of recipes from all the
famous restaurants all over the state. My cook gets
a real kick out of signing copies for customers. They
are $19.95 + shipping if anyone is interested. You
can check out our website to see our business, and
email me if you'd like a cookbook.

sheltongail@hotmail.com
www.peapatchgallery.com

No comments: