Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Costa Rica Fruit


Yesterday I posted a painting of a great little
market in Costa Rica in the town of Liberia.
This is a photo of the unknown fruit...if anyone
can tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it.
The sketch is from my journal that I did while
on the trip, of the same market.


I have a reception this Thursday at the Schepis
Museum for my "Destinations" show. The show
ends this coming Saturday, so it is like a "closing
reception" instead of an opening one!? Anyway,
I talked to them, and they said that I would be
pleased with the number of sales and the positive
response. I am anxious to see what did sell, and
meet and greet those interested in my work.
Will keep you posted.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

Are you a fast sketcher/painter? I love your work.....

Suzy-Q said...

It always makes me smile. :o)

Gail H. Shelton said...

Thanks Jo! yes, I am a fast sketcher. But I heard a great comment by another artist once...when asked how he could do a painting so quickly, say in 30 minutes, he replied, it takes 30 years and 30 minutes! I have had lots of experience, and it makes is very easy. And I always say that everyone is good at something..this just happens to be mine.