Thursday, June 26, 2008

Falling for Water


I saw some beautiful waterfalls in Costa Rica.
I saw some in Hawaii also, but I was able to
hike right up to these, photograph them, and
even splash around a little. I did this little
watercolor while there of one of the many
waterfalls we saw. It is rather challenging
in watercolor because there is no white
paint, so you just get to paint the shadows,
and colors of the rocks, etc. I did several
of these and some members of the group
tour purchased them.

Waterfall Watercolor 8 x 10 $35.00
sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

Beautiful! I learned something new too! (no white paint)

Gail H. Shelton said...

Thanks for viewing Jo. Watercolor paint is transparent, so white doesn't show up! They make an opaque white paint, but it looks
like liquid paper when you use it, so I don't like it. So most of the time when you see white in a watercolor painting, it is un-painted paper. cool, huh?!