Saturday, June 28, 2008

Later Gator





A break from Costa Rica art today....I have
company in town; my brother and sister-in-
law and a friend from San Antonio. I took
them to Natchitoches, LA today to tour
around. We went to the Bayou Pierre
Alligator Park (very cheesy, but oh, so
much fun). That's my brother and his
wife up to their necks in alligator garb; a
little tri-colored heron in a willow tree;
one of the many gators there; and a
great sign. We saw lots of other animals
too...goats, turtles, snakes, raccoons, emus,
and peacocks. It was a real adventure, and
we all had a great time.
That is a colored pencil drawing of a gator
that I drew from a photo that I took at the
park several years ago.
"Later Gator" orig colored pencil 22 x 30

2 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

Alligators scare me. I am not sure I could go to a whole farm of them. haha

Gail H. Shelton said...

My daughter is also afraid of them, and she is living in Florida!