Sunday, July 6, 2008

Going coconuts....

This is the overall view of the current piece I have
been working on....some coconuts on a palm tree in
Costa Rica. It is large, 22 x 30 on watercolor paper.
I put down some watercolor washes to put in some
base color, and then I have been adding colored
pencil on top of them.

I love to have movies on while I draw. I don't always
watch every minute, but I do listen to them. "Bucket
List" is on right now, and I am enjoying it. I think
when I turned 50, I started thinking a lot about
things to do before I die, not in a morbid way, but in
a "I need to hurry this along" sort of a way. I have
been very blessed in the last year to get to mark
several things off the list. Getting this drawing done
may turn in to one of them!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

"I need to hurry this along"

That's funny!

I have never seen a growing coconut.

Anonymous said...

This thing is coming right along...perhaps not for you, but as an innocent bystander, it is speeding along. I'm afraid I'll miss the anticipation of your progress once you do complete it.

It looks GREAT!