Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Food for Thought

As some of you know, we have a cafe in the
gallery that serves lunch 5 days a week. My
full time cook is on vacation for the next 2
weeks, and I have to help do some of the
cooking! I made red beans and rice today,
a South Louisiana favorite, and it was
delicious (even if I say so myself). I am making
broccoli cheese soup tomorrow, to be served
with a sandwich and fruit.

I thought I would post this little bakery
watercolor sketch from Costa Rica that is in
my sketchbook since we are talking about
food. We stopped here on our way to one
of the volcanoes. A German man had settled
in Costa Rica, and opened this little German
bakery which served things like apple strudel,
right in the middle of the jungle....great fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a mighty good pie...wish I was there to sample it in person. I can vouch for the beans and rice--yum, yum, yum! I looked at my CD of the trip's photos; I have some wonderful memories to keep in mind. Thank you and Steve for being excellent hosts!

Anonymous said...

I'm not anonymous...just non-computer literate. It's Nancy B. I can never make a computer do what I want it to.

Gail H. Shelton said...

We enjoyed having you here Nancy. You ought to try the peanut butter dessert..it was really good!

Suzy-Q said...

Do you deliver?