Saturday, August 16, 2008

Flowers and Ferns

It was really slow at the gallery today, and I did this
little mixed media piece. It is done on watercolor
paper, and I did the wet-into-wet washes in the
background, letting the colors blend on the page
first. Then I used some rubber stamps to do the dark
green design in the corners, and enhanced them with
some colored pencils. Then I painted the flower
and fern design in white acrylic over it all. I
added a few more colored pencil accents, and then
I cut the painting into four parts. I would like to
do something like this on 4 different canvases;
this was a practice. I will play with mounting
them on different colored backgrounds, etc. fun..

I will include some of these in the Costa Rica show
this fall. They are inspired by the foliage and
flowers that we saw along the way.

Gail H. Shelton artist

No comments: