Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Numbering our Days

One of my bible commentaries states that we
should live our lives in such a way that they
will count for eternity, in reference to this verse:

"Teach us to number our days, that we may
present to Thee a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

I have treasured this verse for a long time. I
believe it has a lot to say about appreciating
life and opportunities, about making each day
count, about becoming wise in our relationships.
Making the most of our days, being grateful for
all that God provides and offers us. This would
be a great goal for all of us in this new year.

This photograph was taken in Charleston, South
Carolina when I was there several years ago
with my painting buddies. I loved the houses
there; lots of color, beautiful yards, and lots of
iron work. Such a lovely place.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: