Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good Day in the Gallery



"Collage" is French, and I believe it means to piece
together/glue down. I have enjoyed doing some
collages lately. The top two, the sunflowers, sold
today in the gallery. They were framed nicely, and
will make a nice addition to the woman's home.
The other collage is a page from my Paris sketchbook,
that I pieced together when I returned. It has ticket
stubs, labels, magazine photos, etc. Anyone can do this
genre of art...if you can cut and paste, you can "collage".
I am teaching a collage workshop on the 22nd of this month.
It will be at the gallery in Winnfield, from 5-7 pm in the
evening, after work. If you would like to come and enjoy
a simple and rewarding artform, create something for
yourself or someone else, enjoy the company of other
potentially creative people, call the gallery and register!
Collage Workshop Monday June 22 5-7 pm Pea Patch Gallery
Winnfield, LA 318-628-3560

No comments: