Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A StreetCar Named "Finished"



Here's the final streetcar in the snow. I have to
say this is a first for me...not my usual subject
matter. Especially since it hardly EVER snows
where I live. But I did it for a friend who is going
to give it to his wife as a late Christmas gift. I
hope she likes it.
I added the snow this morning in two different
methods. First, I drew some in with the white pastel,
making some staccato marks, and some longer strokes
throughout the piece. Then, I added some splatter with
some white acrylic paint and a toothbrush...it made the
tiny little snowflakes and white blur. It was fun,
and I think it gave it the right effect.
St. Charles Snow Car 18 x 24 $300.00
for info on commissioned artwork:

1 comment:

Crayon Princess said...

Just couldn't picture how that one was going to turn out, but I LOVE it!