Sunday, February 21, 2010

Show Time...CAG Alexandria









The Contemporary Artists' Guild of
Alexandria, LA, had their opening reception
today for their annual exhibit at the Capital
One Bank in downtown Alexandria. I had
two pieces in the show: two photos on canvas
that I had taken in Costa Rica. "Behind the Falls"
was taken from behind a waterfall that I had
hiked up to, and was shot through the rushing
water, and "Got Coffee" is a pic of some open
coffee bags of coffee beans in a warehouse at the
Doka Plantation. I was very pleased that my
waterfall photo won second place! The other
photo is my friend JoAnne and her Sunflower
painting, along with the judge, Jim Harrison.
This was the first time I had entered
any of my photography; I usually enter a painting
or a colored pencil drawing. It was nice to know
that my photography could win as well. It was a great day!

No comments: