Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Flower Pots


A couple more little watercolors to sell at the
upcoming Le Jardin Garden Tour. I am trying
to do some ahead of time, so I will have more
things to sell than just the things I can finish
that day.

I have done a lot of painting on location. It is
one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy interacting
with the people, and they are always intrigued to
get to watch an artist at work. I have done it
several times in San Antonio (my home town),
in front of the Alamo and down on the riverwalk.
I have painted in the Grand Canyon, on the Grand
Canal in Venice, in the gardens in Charleston, and
down in the French Quarter. I am always honored
when someone buys my work as soon as I finish it;
it is such a thrill, and such validation (which is
one thing I believe all artists need!) I would love to
hear some of your stories of being an artist out in the
world...email me with some details!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Lisa and Jason said...

Nice paintings, and what a fun opportunity! Our local art center does the same thing--a garden tour with artists painting on site at each stop on the tour. I haven't participated yet, because I work at the local Garden Center too! LOL! I'm trying to get the two together--seems like a match to me!

Good luck with the tour!

Gail H. Shelton said...

Thanks Lisa. Right now we are
hoping the weather holds out..it has been beautiful here.
If you get a chance, you ought to participate in the garden tour in your area. It's a hoot.