Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Orleans Flavor




These are some of my New Orleans photos that
I am printing to use in some collages. It is crawfish
season right now, and there are lots of crawfish
boil parties going on. And anyone in Louisiana, usually
loves his hot sauce, to spice up the good Cajun food.
I, on the other hand, did not grow up here! and I
don't care for crawfish or hot sauce!! But they make a
neat image, and should look good attached to some
old tin tiles.


And at last, I had an entry accepted into the CPSA
International Exhibition. It has been 3 years (I was
accepted several years in a row there for awhile, and
even earned my signature status.) Anyway, this
happy rhino will be on his way to Los Gatos, CA for the
show in August. You can go to the website: www.cpsa.org
and see some samples from other shows. There is an
online exhibit called, "Explore This" that features work
that combines colored pencil with other mediums. Some
really interesting pieces, check them out.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Congratulations on being accepted to the show! Are you heading to California in August?

Gail H. Shelton said...

Thanks, and I am looking at the calendar right now. Will have to decide!