Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cruisin...

We are on the cruise ship now, making stops at
a few of the islands. We stopped at Mykonos yesterday
evening, and it has been one of my favorite places so far.
White-washed buildings with blue shutters and roofs..
charming. We did a walking tour of the town, and took
lots of photos. I spent some time sketching before we
had to get back on the boat.
This is the island that has the old windmills on it that
were used for grinding grain. I already did a couple of
paintings of them and the boats in the harbor with all
the pretty little white buildings. There were also lots
of beautiful people on this island...it is kind of a hang-out
for the young and rich. Onassis is said to have stayed
here alot on his yacht, and many celebrities come here.
I think I could stay here and paint for about a month!!
Go to the website www.greeka.com and you
can see some photos of Mykonos
or just google it, and there are some good ones.

No comments: