Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do You Know the Way to San Jose?








I am in California (after a few delays), but all is
well. I couldn't resist the highway sign, and I have
been singing the song ever since (some of you young
people will have no idea). And the fog rolling in is
such a strange site to me. We have fog in Louisiana,
but it usually is in the early morning, and mostly
along the rivers and swamps. I took these as I was
driving in my rental car..so they are not exactly
great artistic photos! And if driving on a California
freeway was on my bucket list, I could get to mark
it off. I have always heard of the "101 South" and
today I got to do it. It was easy to find the hotel,
and I am all tucked in for the night.
The rhino is the whole reason I am here. That is
the piece that is in the CPSA Juried Show to be
held in Los Gatos. The address is 4 Tait Ave, and the
time for the opening reception is Saturday from
6-8pm. I believe the show will be up for a couple
of weeks. Check the website: www.cpsa.org
Welcome to any of you I met on the plane today:
old friends and new ones! You can sign up to be a
follower: I give away something each month to one
of my followers. All aboard!

2 comments:

Helen Audirsch said...

Gail, I've spent all morning reading your wonderful blog and enjoying all the sketchbook entries and pix of your trip to Greece. Good luck with your rhino pic! I think you should definitely win 1st place! Have fun in CA.
Helen

Gail H. Shelton said...

Hi Helen, thanks for the kind words.
I am glad you enjoyed "visiting" Greece...it was wonderful. The completed digital sketchbooks will be ready soon, and will be at the gallery.
I enjoyed the day in CA. Went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Carmel by the Sea..amazing.