Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Wishes


Whenever someone has a birthday, we
always ask them "what they want."
I have thought about that all day since it is my
birthday today! The things I want are not necessarily
things...I can remember when my mother reached
a certain age, she pleaded for us to not give her
"any more stuff". I have reached that age as well.
So what do I want for my birthday?
1. More Courtesy: I don't know if you have noticed
how rude people are these days, but I certainly have.
So if I get to have a gift, I want more manners, more
graciousness, more common decency.
2. More Time: I used to have a poster in my classroom
that said we all have the same amount of hours in a day
that Leonardo, Michelangelo, Shakespeare, etc had. I do
know that, so maybe I am asking for better use of my time.
I love the scripture that says, "teach us to number our days"
I would like to have more days, and learn to use them wisely.
3. More Faith: As I grow in years, I hope to grow in wisdom,
and faith. I want to learn to trust God during this journey,
and rely on His strength rather than my own.
So, there are a few of the things I would like for my birthday!
Thanks to many of you who wished me well today. I appreciate
your friendships and your love.
(the photo is part of my studio)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Gail! I loved your post! I'm reading it to my Sunday School class today!

I love your blog! It's part of my daily computer routine!

Pat Farmer

Gail H. Shelton said...

Hi Pat, so glad I am part of your day! how humbling...thanks for the birthday greeting. I had a great day, and a romantic evening out with my husband..couldn't ask for anything more...except courtesy, wisdom, etc ! ha!