Monday, December 13, 2010

Post Number 1000

When I started this blog, I had very few expectations about what
I wanted to achieve or accomplish. I had kept an art journal for
a long time, recording ideas, dreams, show results, goals, and
objectives. Then I came across V. Vaughn's (an artist friend) blog,
and I wanted to try it as well. So I started with posting work I
was doing for the "Palms to Pines" art show, that featured work from
trips to Key West and Alaska. And that was 999 posts ago!
This post is my 1000th...wow.
I hope that this blog has evolved over the years. In the beginning,
I did not do a post every day. And now I feel very obligated to give
the viewers new material every day if possible. When I started, it
was more or less for myself. And now I continue to do it as a record
of my progress, but feel very compelled to share it with you the viewer.
I am humbled and amazed that there are people that are interested
in my art, my life, and my efforts to make it in the art world. And I
am so ENERGIZED by positive feedback and encouraging words.
I often question "success"...and what it means in my life. And I have
come to realize there are many ways to define it. As I look back
on the long journey of this effort, I hope that I have been successful at
least is some way.
"To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people, and the
affection of children; ...
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better,
Whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a
redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because
you have lived;
This is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


all the best,
gail

No comments: