Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Real Treat


The "Evening in Greece" at the gallery last night
was a real treat. I didn't really get to take many
pics (I was busy serving plates and waiting tables!)
But I did manage to take a shot of this yummy
dessert.
Here's the entire menu:
Appetizer Course: Tsatziki Sauce (cucumber yogurt)
Greek Salad (cucumbers, tomatoes,
olives, onions)
Pita Bread
First Course: Shrimp with Orzo
Main Course: Roasted Leg of Lamb, Vegetable Medley
(eggplant, zucchini, onions, tomatoes)
Roasted Potatoes
Dessert Course: Walnut Syrup Cake
Greek Yogurt, Fruit, and Honey
There were some special guests there last night. My
cousin and his wife from New Orleans were able to
attend. And my old friend, Dr. Bill Spillers, from
Shreveport came and brought three friends,
including a Greek native, Dimitri, and his daughter
who is majoring in Art at LSUS. It was quite intimidating
to do my Greek presentation about the trip in front of
someone who grew up there! But he nodded his
approval after every pronunciation made by me, and
I was quite relieved to hear his compliments at the
conclusion of the evening. And he loved the food as
well, so Pete was very pleased. My daughter also did
lots of the cooking...she prepared the appetizers, the
Greek salad, and baked the little walnut cakes. They
make a great team, and I am so proud of them.


Speaking of trips, it is time to put a deposit down for the Charleston and Savannah trip. The deposit is $300. If any of you are interested, you can let me know and I can get you signed up.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: