Friday, February 18, 2011

French Coincidence




This photo is on the February page of my current
calendar, "Passport to the World" that graces my
drawing desk. I have enjoyed looking at
it all this month. (thanks, Katie) It is up on
Montmartre in Paris. I have stood in that very
location, and I did a small watercolor of the cafe in
my sketchbook while I was there. Of course, the
painting is kept simple...and leaves out a lot of these
details (in the spirit of the Impressionists who lived
and painted there!) I have decided to do another
small painting of this scene, and make it the giveaway
for March. This is the painting above. Leave me a
comment, and I will draw from the list. good luck!

2 comments:

Patty C said...

This looks so soft and romantic. I like the tree to the left and the sky. Love the street lamp to the right.
Patty Chandler

PaperAddictJenn said...

I think your version is even prettier than the original!