Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Star Struck

I have been in New Orleans enjoying some of the Mardi
Gras celebrations. My son in law's sister was the Queen
of the Endymion Parade this year, so we were all there
to cheer her on. This is the King of the Parade, dressed in
all his finery.
The Grand Marshals included Kelly Ripa, Mark Conseulos
and Anderson Cooper. Here they are on their float.


One of the bands performing at the Extravaganza after
the parade was Train. Here they are on the float. I
thoroughly enjoyed their concert. They did a great job
interacting with the audience, and I knew every song!






This parade and party were Saturday night in the
Convention Center. They had to do the parade
outside on Sunday night because it was rained out
on Saturday afternoon. The Endymion Parade is
known for the feather costumes of the royalty...they
were beautiful. My next post will feature Katherine,
Pete's little sister, as the Queen. woohoo!

No comments: