Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In the Shade

"The Lord may let others be honored and put

forward, and keep you hid away in obscurity,

because He wants to produce some choice, fragrant

fruit for His coming glory,

which can only be produced in the shade.

(The High Calling of God)


A good friend sent me this quote this week...isn't it amazing?

She was trying to cheer me up after some disappointing

competitions. And she succeeded. I forget sometimes to view

things from God's perspective. But once I am reminded,

things seem to all fall in place once again, and there

is peace, and there is joy, and there is contentment.


She also shared:

"You can't appreciate the light unless you spend time

in the shade. Tomorrow brings new fruit....spit out the

grapes!"

Thanks C....appreciate the wisdom and encouragement.


sheltongail@hotmail.com "GloryBee Graphics" Blue Sky Iris 12 x 18 $35.00

3 comments:

oil painting workshop said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Vickie said...

Love the quotes...just what I needed today! Thanks for sharing

Gail H. Shelton said...

I need the quotes, too! I may share them with all of you, but they are first and foremost for myself! May we all go out and encourage someone today. "Be the light God wants you to be"
Gail