Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Sometimes I hear God's Music..."

I am a member of the Louisiana Baptist Singing

Women, and tonight was our final concert of the

year. It is a group made up of choir members from

all over the state: 36 different churches from 29 cities. Some of the lyrics from our songs are so inspiring,

and I thought about some of these photos as I

was singing tonight.

"Sometimes I hear God's music like none I've heard

before. The music of the gentle brook, the ocean's mighty roar.... The singing of the nightingale, the thunder's mighty noise, The silence of the starry night, and I must add my voice." I am grateful for the opportunity to sing with such a wonderful group. I feel as though I truly worship during our concerts, and I hope God honors our efforts. sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Gail,

Something else we have in common...I grew up in a singing family. I love the old hymns. Sounds like a you are singing with a wonderful group.

Gail H. Shelton said...

It is such a blessing to be in this group...I plan to do it again next year.