Monday, May 30, 2011

Finishing Touches




I finished this egret painting today. It is

a full sheet of watercolor paper, 22 x 30.

I am fairly happy with the way it turned

out. It is very hard to control those really

wet washes! That is what so many of my

watercolor workshop students say...they are

afraid of working with the really wet paint.

Especially those who are also oil painters.

I call them my "fiddlers"....they can touch up

an oil painting over and over, and it does not

damage it. Watercolor, however, is best when

it is done quickly, and then left alone...fresh

and undisturbed. My oil painters want to

fiddle with it, and that can damage the paper,

and ruin the painting. But I can teach all you

oil painters the beauty of a watercolor wash! And

any of you beginners also. Check out the workshop

schedule for the summer, and sign up for a class.

I would love to see you there!



No comments: