Sunday, May 1, 2011









Several years ago I planted some hollyhocks in

one of my flower beds. I had always admired

them, especially when I traveled out West.

They were all over Santa Fe and Taos, and I

wondered if I could get them to grow in Louisiana.

Well, they did. And they come back every year.

The pink flowers are the current blooms on

the stalks. The first year they bloomed, they

were yellow, and I photographed them and did

the colored pencil drawing you see here. But

since then, they have been a different color every

year....same plant. One year they were peach.

And the last two years, they have been pink.

I do not know how this is possible, but they are

beautiful. I may have to draw some of these

pink ones.


I sold the original colored pencil drawing seen

above, but I do have prints available.

"Hollyhocks"

14 x 24 print $65.00