Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sweet Magnolia


I believe there is no sweeter symbol of
Spring in the South than the magnolia. We
planted two of them right before our daughter's
wedding, and they are in full bloom this year.
I have been reminded of the movie, "Steel Magnolias",
when I have viewed the devastation in the South
this past week. There is a line in the movie: "That
which does not kill us, makes us stronger." My heart
goes out to those in Tuscaloosa and the other towns
so torn apart by the weather. I hope that they will
indeed be made stronger through their adversities.
And somehow, I believe with God's help and grace,
they will.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

I'd like to give away a print of this photograph.
Whoever leaves me the first comment, will
receive a free 8 x 10!

2 comments:

Sue Moore said...

I love this picture of the magnolia and the pictures of the swamp that you took also. The gardenias are blooming now as well and they fill the air with sweet perfume! Your photography is awesome! I am new to your blog and glad to find it. A friend of mine in Winnfield told me about the website. Thanks.

Gail H. Shelton said...

Hi Sue, thanks for the kind words. You are the winner of the free magnolia photograph. You can let me know how I can get it to you...either pick it up at the Pea Patch, or I can mail it to you.
Thanks! Gail

email me: sheltongail@hotmail.com