Friday, June 10, 2011

Switching Gears




I took a break from working on the

coasters tonight, and started working on

this poster. It is for entry in the annual

Natchitoches Christmas Festival poster

contest. I posted the sketch awhile back,

and now I am starting to block in the

painted areas. I am using acrylic paint on

a piece of watercolor paper.


The annual festival poster has been a

tradition for 30 years. The selected artwork

becomes the property of the Natchitoches

Arts Council, and they print the posters for

the festival. I know many people in the

town collect the posters, and the originals

are on display at the City Hall Annex on

Fourth Street in downtown Natchitoches.

This is the first time I have ever entered.

I have seen the winning posters for many

years, and know many of the artists represented.



I know it seems early to be dealing with

Christmas themes, but believe me, it will be

here again before we know it!



No comments: