Monday, August 15, 2011

French Quarter ART















I spent part of the day today down in the

French Quarter (one of my favorite places

on the planet!) I checked out some of the

art going on...in the galleries, on the street,

and in the windows. The large pelican painting

was in progress, and they had it posted in

the window along with paint and palettes, etc.

It is a great "art deco" style...really cool.

The young artist on the street was hard

at work and certainly concentrating on her

piece.

I noticed the murals painted on the wall

inside this restaurant's courtyard. And I

purchased the little watercolor print at

Gallery Rinard. It is by Robert Guthrie,

one of my favorite New Orleans artists.

The gallery is located at 738 Royal Street,

and their phone is 504-522-6536 You can

see more of Guthrie's work at:





No comments: