Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Birrrdy, It's Cold Outside"

I love getting cards at Christmas, and I especially
love ones with original art.  This one is from an
old friend that I grew up with in San Antonio.  We
lived a few blocks from each other, but really got
to be friends in junior high school.  We even sang in
a folk singing group together...of course, she was the
star in the front, playing the guitar...I was the slightly
off key back up singer in the back row!  She went on
to have a great career in music, and is now enjoying
creating art.  She is the award winning country music
singer, Holly Dunn.  You can see more of her artwork,
and can purchase her music on her website: 
On the website you can see our
collaboration poster for her "Daddy's Hands" song.  I
drew the illustration, and her hand written lyrics are
beside the drawing.  I also have some of the prints for
sale, if anyone is interested.  In fact, I think I will give
one away.  Post a comment, and I will draw a winning
name from the entries, on January 1st.  Happy New Year!


Daddy's Hand Prints  $25.00 

2 comments:

Tina Bordelon said...

Thanks, Gail, for taking time to share so much of yourself and for sharing Holly's card. When I look at your art work I get so inspired. And, it also motivated me to make a New Year's Resolution: I resolve to take at least one watercolor class from you this spring. So, please post your upcoming calendar for lessons/classes for 2012. Or, do you just want me to call you and set up a Saturday and try to bring along some art friends? Happy New Year and best wishes to you and your family! Tina Bordelon from Alexandria.

Gail H. Shelton said...

Hi Tina, I am so humbled that you are inspired...thanks! I would love to do a class. Why don't you call and we will set something up.
I haven't made out a schedule yet.
Thanks, Gail
318-628-3560 Pea Patch Gallery