Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas in New Orleans

 My daughter and I down in New Orleans earlier
this month.
 We wanted to be sure and go by the Roosevelt
Hotel downtown to see their decorations in the
lobby.  It is a tradition in the city, and there were
lots of families there taking pictures, etc.
 This is a gingerbread city...with New Orleans
landmarks, and Santa pulled by alligators...too cute
Another view of the lobby of the hotel...
beautiful.

I have been enjoying seeing some of the
"tacky Christmas lights" blogs and reports
on TV, and it made me remember that I
had taken these pics earlier this month.  These
would be in the "classy and elegant" catagory!
If you are near New Orleans in the next few
days, go by and see them yourself....wonderful.
I hope you are enjoying the sights and sounds of
the season where you are.

No comments: