Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Paths That Cross




Some of Briant's watercolors
When I was teaching school, I took my students to the 
Red River Revel (great art festival in Shreveport every 
fall).  I always wanted to be on the other side of the 
fence and dreamed of exhibiting there someday.  When 
I retired, I did.  I was an artist there for 5 years in a row.
I met lots of different artists and craftsmen..a great time 
to visit and share ideas and inspirations.  

One of the artists that I met was Peter Briant from 
New Orleans.  He is a watercolor painter, and I loved 
his work, and especially his professionalism.  He was very 
organized and his booth and his work were first class.
Well, he visited the Pea Patch Gallery the other day in 
Winnfield, and enjoyed lunch and some shopping with his 
wife and some friends from Connecticut.  They were 
visiting and he was showing them the state...and they were
on their way to Natchitoches for the day.  He remembered 
that he had met an artist from Winnfield, and was happy 
to find I was still there!  It is wonderful how our lives 
are made up of connections and I am happy that paths 
often cross.

sheltongail@hotmail.com
Peter Briant Art  New Orleans

No comments: