Saturday, April 20, 2013

If the Creeks Don't Rise




Near our home is a little woodland creek.  Because of the
recent rains, there is water in it!  Thought I would walk down
late today and take a look.(There is a brown lizard in 
this photo;  if you can find it, and tell me where it is,
you will get a free dessert in the cafe!) 

I saw these on the way.  These are blackberry vines...
there will be lots of juicy berries sometime
in June.  Time to make some blackberry cobbler...yum

And of course, Huey, Dewey, and Louie had to come with me.
(that is not the order they are in!)  Huey is in the back, and Louie is
in the lead.

When it does rain really hard and fast, this little creek
really rises.  The rushing water erodes the banks
away from these roots.  It makes some interesting
patterns.

These ferns grow wild all along the banks in the shade.  I wish
I could get them to grow in my yard!

When we got back, Huey was tired.

Louie was tired too!

I really enjoy being outside, and we have had some beautiful weather this week.  I hope it is nice where you are, and you can get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine and the "re-birth" of the
earth.

"I would have despaired unless I had
believed that I would see the goodness
of the Lord in the land of the living"
Psalm 27:13
                              
                                  sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: