Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Brushing Up on Chinese

In preparation for my trip to China, I have been practicing my
Chinese brush painting techniques!  I used to teach this with my students,
and we always enjoyed the simplicity and beauty of the art form.

I will do some of these in my sketch book, as well as on some small
postcard size paper to sell along the way.

I have ordered my own Chinese initial stamp...to stamp my art with
my signature in Chinese!  When it comes in, I will have to do a completed
piece, and "sign" it with the stamp.  I know you have seen the small, red
Chinese characters on brush paintings, usually in a box or circle.
There are also often some larger characters that have some meaning:
hope, harmony, peace, etc.  I hope to be able to buy an antique stamp while
in China with one of these meanings to add to the work.  neat

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: