Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Checkered Present






This is always such a busy time of year for me.  I am not
complaining...it is a good problem to have! 
But I always end up with several projects to finish
before Christmas for customers.  I am still working on this portrait.
The gingham pattern is very tedious!  It still needs some
tweaking on the face...not quite right yet.

And I am trying to do this dog this week.  It is a bittersweet story.  This is
my cousin Linda's dog, and she had asked me to draw him as a gift
for her husband, I think.  It was awhile ago.  Anyway, I believe the dog
is no longer alive.  And my cousin passed away last week as well.
She was suffering from cancer, and it just proved too much for her.
Her sister had asked if I could finish it quickly...the memorial service is this Saturday.
I started on this watercolor.  I may try to tweak it some more, or do a
quick colored pencil drawing.  This is the only photo I have..

I hope to have something to send by late tomorrow! 

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: