Monday, May 12, 2014

Back in the Saddle

I got to teach some colored pencil on canvas to some
Talented Visual arts students today.  Mrs. Cyndi Beaubouef,
their teacher and former student of mine, invited me to come
and share with them these new techniques.

These were some of the younger students.  These girls have
a "Chinese" connection.  Mattie, with the bow, went with me to
China last year, and the little oriental girl came here from China only
two years ago.  cool!

There were three different projects that they could choose from.
These students chose one of the designs with yellow leaves
and a purplish background.




They all proudly showed off their finished creations.
Mrs. Beaubouef teaches at 5 different schools, and has to
travel a great deal.  But today, she had them all come to her
room at Weston High School.  It was fun to get to teach all of them,
from 1st grade to high school.

I hope to see some of these students down at my
gallery sometime.  Many of them were very talented,
and I hope they continue to pursue their artistic dreams!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: