Saturday, June 14, 2014

Anatomy of a Dandelion

During my walk this morning, I saw a lot of dandelions along the
road.  It was a beautiful day, and I decided to go get my camera.

I also grabbed a black sketchbook, and tried to hold it behind
the subject to give it some drama! So picture me sitting on the
ground, camera in my right hand, left hand reaching out with
the book in hand behind the thistle, trying to make sure and not block
the sun...awkward

Same photo, just cropped...better

So, then on the computer...playing with some effects.  This is black and white,
with a lot of contrast.

Of course, while shooting, I had some help.  Dewey had to get
under my leg, and snuggle up, shedding his black fur all over
me...lovely.  Thanks, Dewey.

Final image...I would print this one.  That's the beauty of
digital photography.  The computer can enable you to make works
of art from the simplest subject.  You can edit, play, do and undo,
flip, re-color, crop, sharpen, and saturate.

I hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy this beautiful world
of ours this weekend.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: