Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bluebird for Sale



I finished this little drawing today.  It was much harder than I thought it
would be!  All of that background proved to be very tedious.  I had
to draw it around all the branches.  Maybe I should have done the background
first?! But I always do the subject matter first; I feel it is more important, and if
I don't get it right, there will be no reason to spend any time on the background!

This little bluebird lives in my backyard.  I keep several bluebird
boxes on trees surrounding the yard.  I enjoy seeing them go in and out,
taking care of their little ones.  I haven't seen my cats bother any of
them as of yet....but you never know!

I have finished hanging the colored pencil exhibit at the gallery.  I still have
some tweaking to do, but it is all up and ready to view.  I will have the
pricing and details done sometime this week.  I will have this little piece
for sale too.  There are also prints of many of my pieces available
as well.  I look forward to seeing some of you come by!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

Bluebird on a Branch  Original Colored Pencil
9 x 12  $75.00  

No comments: