Friday, May 22, 2015

Had a Hoot in Lindale

Eating lunch in Mineola...a cute town near the workshop



Alan Woollett demonstrated how to do each part of the owl drawing.
This is the twine that goes across the bottom of the piece.  

This is my finished piece next to his example that we used to go by.
The colors are a bit different, just because the copy was a different
shade.  He told us what colors to use for each part, so the
colors are accurate in the real drawing.

I am happy with the finished product.  I did learn a few things.  Most of all,
that I don't take the drawing far enough...detail wise, etc.  And we used
different paper and pencils that I have never used before, so the results are a little
different as well.

This is the nice group of ladies and Alan that I spent the week with.
They were a "hoot"!

Alan Woollett and I...his prize pupil!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: