Monday, March 14, 2016

Show Time: Tom Peyton Memorial Art show




Received word that these two pieces made it into the Tom Peyton
Juried art show in Alexandria, Louisiana.  The show is in April,
and I have to mat and frame these, and then hand deliver them
to the show.

"Basket of Blues" is colored pencil on watercolor paper, from a
photograph I actually took in NYC down in Chinatown.  They were
selling them in the market, and they were still alive.  They were
waving their claws, and hissing like they do.  Very fierce....
I knew I wanted to draw it.  The original photo is much larger, and I
cropped it to the long format.

The street musician, "Street Sounds" was in New Orleans. She had
an entire band with her, and she was wailing away on that
clarinet...all the blues and jazz you can imagine.  It was hot,
of course, and the steamy music added to the warm, sticky,
afternoon.  I loved the lighting in the photo, and decided to
do it all in warm yellow tones with purple accents...some
popular Louisiana colors!

Both pieces are for sale.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: