Friday, July 29, 2016

Clip It





Well, it's not exactly "fine art", but the pay is great!  The
school board wanted me to do 65 of these clipboards for
their Special Ed teachers.  They will get them on their inservice day
coming up in August.  I told them I would have them
ready by August 1, and I made the deadline!

I had to paint them first, either white or black.  Some of my  employees
helped me.  We tried to do 10 a day.  I did the calligraphy on the
contact paper...again, about 10 a day.   I sealed each one with Modge Podge,
and then tied the burlap bows on the clip.  I will get them
delivered today...yay!

Now I have to concentrate on the Inservice I am doing in Lake Charles for
60 Art teachers on Aug 9th.  I have to do some lesson plans, a two hour presentation
on colored pencil techniques, including a demo, and bring some
of my art to display.  It'll be great; it is so much fun to teach Art teachers.
They catch on immediately and usually run with it!  We all speak the
same language, and instantly bond.  I am really looking forward to it.
Now I just have to get it all ready!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: